The Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the 2017 ITTF Challenge Nigeria Open is offering two media internships for interested undergraduates (male and female) in Nigeria tertiary institutions to undergo training at the five-day tournament to be held at the Molade Okoya-Thomas Hall of Teslim Balogun Stadium from Wednesday August 9 to Sunday August 13, 2017.
This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for aspiring young media professionals to gain experience at one of Africa’s biggest events, the LOC said in an email to www.aclsports.com.
Each candidate will have full access to all players, and assist the media team in providing service during the championships and this will provide an exceptional rewarding experience for the selected candidates.
The LOC is looking for two undergraduates in any tertiary institution in the fields of media, journalism, broadcast, film or sports management (or equivalent), who have an interest in sports, table tennis and large sporting events within age bracket (18-25 years-old).
Candidates must have a good level of English proficiency (spoken & written). Additional languages are a plus. The selected candidates must be based in Lagos.
Candidates must feel comfortable completing the following tasks:
- Interviewing players and taking flash quotes;
- Writing feature articles;
- Creation of daily summaries to be sent to fans and media;
- Organise creative video filming with the players;
- Assisting with the writing of press releases;
- Assisting with the running of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram);
- Assisting with the creation of media documents in the lead up to the event;
- Assisting with the management of the media areas such as the mixed zone and press tribune;
- Monitoring global media activity and providing daily reports.
The 2017 ITTF Challenge Nigeria Open will see some of world’s best table tennis players battle for the $46,000 prize money with the aim to be crowned Champions. The local and international media interest is going to be immense, which will be a great experience for the selected interns.
The LOC offers lunch at the venue throughout the tournament.
To apply for one of the Media internship positions, please send a one-page article about yourself as well as stating why you are interested in the internship which must be signed and stamped by your Head of Department (HOD). Attach also school identity card and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be sent before July 25, 2017.