Handball: Solomon Agbaji promises to always give his best

Handball: Solomon Agbaji promises to always give his best

Kano Pillars goalkeeper, Solomon Agbaji has promised to give his best throughout the second phase of the 2019 Prudent Energy Handball League in Lagos.

Agbaji was instrumental to Kano Pillars’ victory against Lagos Seasiders saving a total number of 11 seven meter shots on Day 3 of the league.

The National team goal stopper told www.aclsports.com that Lagos Seasiders had the chances of beating them but Kano Pillars outshone them in the closing minutes of the game.

He revealed that the chances of a goalkeeper saving seven meter shots are quite slim.

He said, “Having attended two major international tournaments including the 2019 African Games in Morocco, I promise to give my best at the second phase of the league. I want to also inspire some younger players and show some of the experiences I had at these events.

“Saving seven meters is a bit difficult because the chances of the goalkeeper saving the spot kick are 40% while the chances of the player scoring are 60%. I had a lot of confidence that I can stop most of their balls. It was not easy stopping Lagos Seasiders; it took grace, hard work and determination. Lagos was better but we outshone them”.

Solomon Agbaji stated that it is an added advantage to understand your opponents during games adding that there are no underdogs in the league any longer.

He said, “I would say it is an added advantage to understand how your opponent shoots but in as much as you are understudying some players, others are also trying to identify your weaknesses. In this league, there are no underdogs, every match is a match to win and I promise to give my best”.

 

    Leave a Reply