Delta state won one gold and two bronze medals to emerge first on the medal table at the conclusion of the Taekwondo event of the 5th National Youth Games.
Victor Okolie won gold for Delta in the -33kg male category while Onyebuollse Joel and Blessing Chukwufunabyi bagged bronze medals in the -53kg male and -59kg female respectively.
Anambra state finished second place with one gold from Justina Egwu-Agha in the -59kg female and one bronze from Anthony Nwankwor in the -33kg male.
Lagos state and Abia state won one gold medal each to emerge joint third while Plateau, FCT, Kano and Yobe won one silver each to finish joint fourth place. In fifth position is Edo state, Imo state, Akwa Ibom and Ogun state with a bronze medal each.
- Advertisement -
- Gold- Victor Okolie (Delta state)
- Silver- Ahmed Muhammed (Kano)
- Bronze- Anthony Nwankwor (Anambra)
- Bronze- Goodness Remember (Edo)
- Gold- Ndubisi Ajah (Abia)
- Silver- Adams Aliyu (Yobe)
- Bronze- Abdulsalam Akinbede (Ogun)
- Bronze- Onyebuollse Joel (Delta)
- Gold- Aderonke Ibrahim (Lagos)
- Silver- Esther Ibrahim (Plateau)
- Bronze- Hope Favour (Edo)
- Bronze- Jennifer Amadi (Imo)
- Gold- Justina Egwu-Agha (Anambra)
- Silver- Peace Alex (FCT)
- Bronze- Blessing Chukwufunabyi (Delta)
- Bronze- Mary Unenente (Akwa Ibom)