The Nigeria Weightlifting Federation (NWF) on Friday announced that 24 athletes have been invited to camp ahead of the 2018 Africa Youth Games billed to take place in Algeria.
The chairman media and publicity, Louis Okoro disclosed this to aclsports.com in an interview.
He said the list consisting of 13 male and 11 female has African Junior champion as well as Commonwealth Games participants.
Okoro said the selection is strictly based on record of performance of Lifters from previous National Competitions and trials. And that the list was lifters was drawn from the six geopolitical zone of the country.
“The selection is strictly based on record of performance of Lifters from previous National Competitions and trials”, he said. This current board will ensure it invites active athletes who can make Nigeria proud at international event”, the former national champion said.
According to a source, the nation’s athletes will resume camping on May 28th, 2018.
The list of Lifters:
1) Ajayi James Eche 56kg (Benue)
2) Umoafia Edidiong Joseph 62kg (Akwa ibom)
3) Opadeji Adedapo Adeleke 69kg (Osun)
4) Nyong Unwana Peter 62kg (Akwa Ibom)
5) Sani Musa 77kg (Niger)
6) AbdulMutalib Umar +85kg (Niger)
7) Adeyemi Abayomi Vincent 85kg (Osun)
8) Yahuza Nuhu 69kg (Bauchi)
9) Ndubuisi Obaja 62kg (Delta)
10) Collins Chukwudi 77kg (Delta)
11) Ashaolu Michael +85kg (Kwara)
12) Akanu Desmond 85kg (Kaduna)
13) Adebayo Michael 56kg (Katsina)
1) Yusuf Islamiyat 58kg (Osun)
2) Okon Theresa Daniel 53kg (Akwa Ibom)
3) Ofem Destiny Joseph 44kg (Bayelsa)
4) Obika Kosisochukwu 53kg (Anambra)
5) Iwara Stella 58kg (Cross River)
6) Folarin Morufat 44kg (Ogun)
7) Quadri Opeyemi 48kg (Lagos)
8) Didih Onome Omolola +63kg(Lagos)
9) Kingsley Stella 63kg (Rivers)
10) Okeke Victory 63kg (Kwara)
11) Mustapha Suliyat +63kg (Kwara)